Not So Splendid

Saturday 21 January 2012

Iron Ons & Name Tag Stickers Reviews!

Iron On & Name Tag Stickers! Something that are so small but yet really important especially for pre-schoolers. I have heard enough of horrid stories of kids bringing home their classmates' books, shoes and even wore the wrong set of uniforms home.

In order to prevent that from happening, I decided I should get some and basically label on every single item that includes socks, shoes, undergarments, uniforms, tee shirts, shorts, hankies, bags, notebooks, stationaries... well you get the drift.

I tried out a few brands and would just want to share my thoughts on them.



Waterproof Iron On Stickers from EEOO over at Singapore Motherhood : These are the recommended to me by one of my girlfriends who raves about their fast delivery! As I was really despair with the waiting from one other brands that I have ordered from so I decided to just go ahead with ordering from EEOO while waiting!

Raves:


  1. I like the idea that I will not need to place a greaseproof paper over them and proceed to Iron them into the garments just as they are.
  2. Mock ups are emailed to me relatively fast - this is to ensure they got the name correct and all.
  3. Delivery of the items are pretty fast. 

However there are a few misses about them that I would want to avoid:


  1. Peeling the Iron Ons out from the original packaging is proven pretty tough and messy, the sticky part is way too sticky and often I found myself struggling to get them off from the Iron On Tags so that I can Iron On properly.
  2. Finishing wise is not pretty neat - however at the price range of SGD 10.00, I have to accept that the price differences placed a big part.
  3. After a few washes of the garments, its best to re-iron them to ensure they are still attached to garments. 
Rating Review: I will rate them a 3 out of 5 Stars due to their efficiency and also price range. They are great price to the pockets if you are budget conscious and does the job of labels.



Waterproof / Tear Proof Iron On Stickers and Name Labels from MUAKIDS: Ironically whatever I bought over from EEOO at Singapore Motherhood Forum are not sufficient enough for labels (due to Toddler's long name so I have to settle for a 32 pieces Mickey Mouse Clubhouse set back then!) so I decided to try out MUAKIDS after hearing wonderful stuffs about them from some of my friends. 

I decided that since school were starting and I really want to get everything smart and tact, so a rush order is needed and since there were a promotion going on for orders of 2 packs and above. Its a deal not to be missed. Cost efficiency over here. 

Raves:
  1. The selection over at MUAKIDS are great and much wider! I love the shoes labels, these are especially important since there are gym classes going on for Toddler! So I got the Preschooler's Value Bundle and another Iron On Combo.
  2. Finishings are extremely neat and clear.
  3. I did not face the same issue getting the Iron Ons out from the original packaging. 
  4. Toddler loves the designs from MUAKids (this is a plus for me!)
  5. Fast delivery.
  6. The lady boss, Jocelyn is amazing to work with! She even advised me on the delivery timing and bothers to drop me a text message before sending the courier over!
Misses
  1. Price is slightly steeper as compared from the ones which I bought from EEOO (MUAKIDS' Iron On Combo costs SGD 22.95 But however you will be receiving about 59 pieces, if you break down it will be SGD 0.388 for each piece).
  2. Greaseproof Paper is needed before you iron the Iron On Stickers onto the garments. You will not be able to iron straight onto them as they will be damaged under the strong heat!
  3. As per the same issue I faced earlier on, after a few washes, there is a need to re-iron to re-enforce them!
Rating Review: I will rate them a 4 out of 5 Stars due to the good clear finishing and the wide range I am able to get from MUAKIDS. Furthermore I found my Toddler is able to identify her belongings by the distinctive stickers I have took much trouble to get them into her items! 


Iron On and Shoes Labels from Stuck On You: This is the one I originally ordered from but however there are so many incidents with them that I have to get from EEOO and MUAKids while waiting!

Raves:

  1. The range are lovely and wider as compared to MUAKIDS of course. I picked out shoes labels and Iron On packs 
  2. I love the colors combinations they have, very suitable for babies, toddlers, big kids and even adults!
  3. Quality Wise are pretty neat and clear (as per the same as MUAKIDS). I face no problems getting them out from the original packaging. 
  4. Inks are lead free and child friendly.
Misses: (I am afraid these are going to be a little dreadful)

  1. Price is the most costly among all. The two packs cost me cost to SGD 70.00.
  2. Delivery are terribly slow and badly conducted. It states on the website 1 -2 weeks delivery and after which a 2-3 weeks which confuses consumers terribly. Lead time are apparently more than what they stated on the website.
  3. Customer Service Hotline is always left unattended, I have to ring a few times before getting them and enquiring after my order, replies received from them are often rude and seems to be a really badly run business with a lack of customer service oriented attitude. 
  4. Emails responses are very slow and rude. I ended up giving the head office over in Australia a call to check on the status myself. They told me a total different story from the Singapore branch. Apparently the business process are conducted in such a way that once an order is received, it will go straight to Australia (where they process & produced), once stickers are completed, it will be delivered to Hong Kong before coming to Singapore (which will reach end consumers). 
  5. Greaseproof Paper is needed before you iron the Iron On Stickers onto the garments. You will not be able to iron straight onto them as they will be damaged under the strong heat!
  6. Despite with Greaseproof Paper, heat control of the Iron is very important, I did notice some of the stickers have slight change of shape from circle to slightly oval shape should the Iron is higher in temperature. 
  7. As per the same issue I faced earlier on, after a few washes, there is a need to re-iron to re-enforce them.
Rating Reviews: I will rate them 1 out of 5 Stars due to the really bad experience I have with them. Despite the designs are lovely but I am unable to bear to order from them again. Probably a few years down the road, with better management skills and better customer services - I will be more willing to give them a try again. I simply cannot imagine what would have happen if I have not go ahead and give the head office a call and pursue after my order. Will I still be waiting just like those other customers stated on their facebook page ? 

1 comment:

  1. The name label must bring a feel on the child like carrying a rare collection with them.



    Idmelabels.com

    ReplyDelete