Not So Splendid

Friday 13 April 2012

Quinny Speedi - Review

As per my previous post, I reckon that many would have known that I was previously using a Quinny Speedi for Toddler. This pram has last her through close to 3 years and its still working perfectly well despite the fact she has outweigh it. It has gone to my storage of course after a full cleaning up (we took the seat, canopy and tyres down for a full wash, dry and now wrapped up).

Back then, when she is a newborn - I was using the Maxi Cosi Cabrio Fix along with this Quinny frame. It was convenient as I do not need to transfer her in and out of the car seat or pram whenever we head out. She was happy in it, I was glad to have moments of peace.

The Quinny Speedi frame is much more sturdy as compared to the Quinny Zapp as it was easy to maneuver about the different terrains when I was jogging or strolling whenever she starts the crazy hours of non stop crying (colic baby). It has an emergency brake system right at the handle bar - which is a plus for me as I do not have long enough legs to really reach the brake at the bottom of the pram in time should there be a need to.

The fact that it was suitable to move about different terrains also means it has relatively big wheels. For this model, it required pumping. It works all right with a bicycle pump therefore considered convenient.

Other than that, I like the fact it has a large seat space - which is a good thing should napping space is a concern. There is a leg rest, which height can be adjusted to two levels, this works well whenever Toddler naps. It doesn't restrict her legs to be hanging down position. She is able to have her legs resting at the same level during her naps.

The basket below is a good size, I am able to fit my diaper bag in (note - my diaper bag is not relatively small considering the amount of things I am bringing along).

The pram collapse relatively easy and fuss free, it can be put into the boot without much trouble. However as the size of this pram is not relatively small, hence ample space in the car boot is needed. I am not petite hence I find the weight of this pram manageable. However for mommies who are of smaller built - they may feel the weight of Quinny Speedi too much for them.

A few points that I do not like about Quinny Speedi:

I find the canopy that comes with it rather short, it didn't really do its job of shading Toddler from the sun.

There is no peek a boo window for you to catch a glimpse of whatever your kid is doing,

The seat that comes with it can only be forward facing, hence if you are one who likes to have forward and backward facing, this pram is not going to work.

Despite the wheels are a breeze to maneuver about, you will always have to remember to do checks on the wheels (whether they are out of air) before your trips out, just in case you encounter an almost flat tyre on side.

When collapse, I find the handle bar touching the ground (this is a big minus) as I often find myself wiping the handle bar with anti bacterial wipes.

Again there is no perfect pram in this world that suits everyone's needs so we just got to give and take a little bit more. All in all, I still love the Quinny Speedi, it has serve Toddler very well and hopefully it will continue to contribute towards her other future sibling(s) in near future. *prays*

No comments:

Post a Comment