Not So Splendid

Saturday 14 April 2012

Shopping - Mothers Works

Motherswork - one my favourite stores where hub and I will tend to head to for prams, diaper bags, maternity wear and toddler's favourite plush toys - Jellycat.

The branch I frequent will be Tanglin Mall. Located at the 2nd level is actually the maternity store also known as motherswork Big is Beautiful,  over at here is where I get maternity clothings, diaper bags, Jellycat products (I like the fact everything is very neatly display and practically whatever I need is available - inner wear to clothings). The sales ladies are very helpful and knowledgeable. I bought my Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Diaper Bag in Afternoon Tea over at here after finding out Egg Maternity no longer carries PPB's diaper bags!

It starts with an enquiry phone call from me (regarding the diaper bag I wanted) to getting to really like the store. The sales lady told me that there was a 20% off for PPB Boxy Diaper Bag and is able to help me reserve it for a certain period of time. I was impressed with their service - true to her words, I head over a day or two later to collect the diaper bag (the discount was extended to me despite it was a day after the sale ended).

On the 3rd level at Tanglin Mall, you will find another Motherswork store - this carries mainly products such as prams, car seats, beddings, cots, high chairs, toys, infant / children clothes and the list goes on. Everything at this store is neat and you will be able to find the wide range of products carried is a good chance for everyone to do comparison of different brands and all. Hub and I bought the City Select over here after comparing and physically testing out the different brands out. I like their service here and give them a big thumb up as their sales team is well trained on the product knowledge and bothers to clarify / check out the different points I have raised.

The sales team also bothers to go through step by step assembly on the pram with us, letting us know what are the points to take note of, how to collapse the pram, tips on caring for it etc.

Over at here, I also realised the Jellycat range is slightly different from the ones at Motherswork Big is Beautiful (2nd floor) hence its a plus for me as toddler is always delighted to see what else she would like to add to her collection of bunnies. This keeps her occupied while I can get the real business done - ie getting rain cover for her pram, beddings sets etc.

For those who are always on lookout for different brands and would prefer a wide range of products, this will be a store worth checking out. But please bear in mind due to its unique branding and the different ranges of products they carries, it also comes with a hefty price tag. On one hand, you can be assured you will be getting quality products, however on the other the prices can at times turn you off.

Therefore please do heaps of reading up / research before jumping into the wagon!




No comments:

Post a Comment