Not So Splendid

Monday 16 April 2012

Shopping - Mothercare

Mothercare - a popular store for infant/children's essentials, pregnant mommies have been in Singapore for a long time. Its also one of the very first store I hope over to when I found out I am pregnant.

Over at here, I bought plenty of rompers, the price tags are pretty friendly, you will get 7 pieces of them (great quality) at SGD 46.00 (without the mothercare membership discount of 10% off). I realize that the designs play a part on their prices, so I normally wait out a season before I get a new pack of rompers from Mothercare. Hence you may want to factor that in if you would like to save a little on your pocket as everything from the store looks wonderful.

I like the idea that practically whatever is needed in getting a newborn's nursery ready is readily available here. It ranges from rompers, mittens, booties, baby blankets, swaddling blankets, baby cots, prams, bath tubs etc.

Its also over at here, I bought Toddler's bath tub, body creme, toys, clothings (up to now infact!), hooded towels, bedsheets and other miscellaneous items.

I always tend to rely on their yearly Mothercare booklet that explains and have plenty of notes on the different items and also the price list. I will mark out what I will need and have them all tag up before giving the store I frequent a call to make reservation on them. Once they are all ready, the hub will head over to collect them and bring them home for me.

However there are also some minus points which I have taken note of:

The cots and prams over at here are not really readily available in stock, hence there is always a time where you have to wait for them to check with the suppliers before getting back to you. I.e, if you need to get the baby cot or pram in a hurry, its definitely not a wise place to head over to.

Prices over at Mothercare Singapore may not be competitive enough, hence its always good to wait for their sale or the annual one that happens in March every year before you get anything expensive. Infact a galfriend of mine Jac who was staying in London for quite sometime find the prices over in UK makes it a better deal!

Do also note not all items are actually applicable to the membership discount, items such as Pigeon products are tend not to be on discount. So do be aware before popping them over to the counter.

At times, I find the sales team not really knowing the product well enough, therefore its always best for you to do some research before getting them.

Other than that, I find them pretty convenient since there are quite a number of outlets around. The sales team at different outlets are always willing to help you in checking stock with other branches. That is a big plus for me as service quality is pretty important as it can easily makes or break my shopping mood for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment