Not So Splendid

Friday 13 April 2012

New Pram

Recently I encountered the classic issue of my almost three years old Quinny Speedi about to give way. It has been a good pram serving me pretty well until Toddler's weight exceeded the max limit of 15kg. The frame and all are still good but The Hub and I soon realised that the seat is barely allowing a 45 degrees sitting position whenever Toddler is on it.

With she being only 2 years plus and going to be 3 years old. I still struggle when I am out with her. There is always the moments when she gets tired of walking, needs a hug, needs to be carry and she wants to nap. The list goes on and I was getting really irritated at that one part of the point - I actually was considering no more half day or full day trip for her!

It has been a pain to get a pram for her as she is rather on the tall side. At this age of hers, we realised that she is coming to a metre tall. So Hub did some research and did more reading up and find out what prams that are available in Singapore that will be suitable. We rang a couple of stores, visited them and still find ourselves back to Mothers Works located at Tanglin Mall. *I dig that store - seriously - this will be shared in some other post*

We head over last weekend to compare between Bugaboo Donkey and Baby Jogger's City Select since they have the demo sets available at the store, both brands are able to seat 2 kids - which is an important point for us as we are seriously toying with the idea of having another baby next year.

At the end of the day, Toddler sat at both different prams and did a comparison by herself after we go through the two different prams. To my very surprise, she picks the Baby Jogger's City Select. It was amazingly comfortable for her, she didn't have the problem with the seat at all - she even tells us that she would like to seat with her future sibling in it.

With all smiles, the Hub picks the tab within 1 min flat when he knows thats the right pram for her. While the store assistant goes through on the details of the pram with him, my sister in law kept Toddler occupied at the store. I finally have a few free moments to take a look at some other stuffs that I maybe keen to get for her. So there's the new pram from Hub to her and I decided to get another Jellycat's bunny for her. Its a red one called Emily this time round, in additional to Henry. Now there is a pair for her and I can finally get to send Henry to the washer!

No comments:

Post a Comment